24 March 2012
Sydney, Australia – 24 April, 2012
. Creating flexible work environments and increasing productivity is easier for organisations following the launch today of Toshiba (Australia) Pty Limited’s new dynadock™ USB 3.0 docking station.
The dynadock™ U3.0 Universal USB 3.0 docking station enables users to connect up to three monitors (including the notebook screen), Tablet or desktop PC with just one cable providing a clean work space that is perfect for hot-desking,” said Phil Daidone, Accessories Product Manager, Toshiba Australia, said.
“Many businesses are now looking at the idea of BYOD – allowing employees to Bring Their Own Devices to work, ensuring a satisfied workforce. One of the benefits of the dynadock™ is that it allows organisations to work with multi-vendor platforms securely as employees simply connect their device to the network via the dynadock,” he said.
Through the single USB 3.0 cable, users can connect their notebook to TVs and projectors, stereo speakers, an external hard drive, printer or full-size keyboard – perfect for presentations.”http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/accessories/port-replicators/pa3927a-1prp
Toshiba’s dynadock™ U3.0 allows users to easily link up to any brand of Windows®-based computer with a USB 3.0 or 2.0 port. By acting as a central hub, it minimises overcrowding on the notebook or computer desktop space.
Equipped with six USB ports — two USB 2.0 ports and four USB 3.0 ports the dynadock offers exceptionally fast data transfer. Two of the front ports are fitted with USB Sleep & Charge technology which offers the option to charge smartphones or MP3 players while the notebook is powering down, sleeping or undocked.
A built-in HD digital video card also supports dual display output so consumers can connect up to three external screens (including the notebook screen with resolution of up to 2048 x 1152. It is also compatible with 5.1 surround sound audio systems through HDMI or 3.5mm audio ports, which provide a true multimedia experience. dynadock™ U3.0 Universal USB 3.0 Docking system
RRP $199 (inc GST)Key specifications:
• One simple USB 3.0 cable connection from your notebook to all your accessories
• Built-in video card supports two displays up to 2048 x 1152 resolution
• HDMI™ out port built-in for Full 1080 HD video and gaming
• 5.1 channel surround sound through HDMI™ or 3.5mm audio ports
• Six USB ports and indicators;
- Front panel:
- Power light
- USB status light
- 2 x “Always On” USB 3.0 ports (Sleep & Charge)
- 3.5mm Line-in (microphone/headset)
- 3.5mm Line-out (headphone/headset/speakers)
• Two easy access front USB 3.0 “always on” Sleep & Charge ports
• Fast USB 3.0 data transfer speed to USB 3.0 external storage devices
• Universal compatibility with all Windows®-based computers
• Dimensions & Weight: 11.4cm W x 12.9cm D x 23.6cm H (with base); 540g (with base)
• Back panel:
- 3 x 3.5mm Line-out (5.1 surround sound speakers)
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet/Network port
- HDMI™ out port
- DVI-I out port (DVI to VGA adapter included)
- USB 3.0 Connector (to PC)
- DC in (for power)
• Side panel: Security Lock Slot
• One-year Limited warrantyThe dynadock™ U3.0 Universal USB 3.0 Docking system is available in retail stores from late March 2012
For updates on the latest Toshiba news, products and up-coming competitions check out Toshiba ANZ’s new Facebook page: http://facebook.com/toshibaANZAbout Toshiba
Toshiba is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning information & communications systems; digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 204,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$68 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
Phone: +61(02) 8217 6500
Toshiba (Australia) Pty Limited
Phone: +61(02) 9887 8120